Handheld frequency and power meter MFP-8000
MFP-8000 can be used to measure frequency and power of radio signals in a wide range of development, diagnostic, adjustment and search applications related to radio devices.
The handheld frequency and power meter MFP-8000, developed on the basis of the latest advances in the RF components and technology and vast engineering and operating experience incorporates the best properties and features of MFP instruments.
MFP-8000 can detect any sources of radio emission within the frequency range from 100 kHz up to 8 GHz featuring sensitivity of -53 dBm with a typical S/N ration of 5dB. That means that a transmitting device with an output power of +7dBm (5mW) coupled to a matched 1/4 wavelength antenna can be easily detected from the distance of up to 8m.MFP-8000 provides the user with a wealth of functions:
• It can determine frequency of the input signal within a frequency range from 100 kHz to 8 GHz.
• It can measure power of the input signal within a level range from -50 dBm to +30 dBm.
• It can identify in the input signal characteristic features of the data transfer protocol for different communication standards (GSM 900/1800/1900, DECT), e.g. for GSM it can determine “SMS” and “Talk” operating modes, as well as the frequency channel.
• It can automatically tune radio receivers and spectrum analyzers to the measured signal frequency via a built-in interface (option, ordered separately).
• It can use its built-in memory, clock and calendar functions to protocol and store measurement results.
• It can be integrated into automated systems of radio monitoring via a serial interface.
• It can utilize acoustic feedback mode during search work.
• It supports surveillance mode when it responds to signals with a power level exceeding a specified threshold.
MFP-8000 has the following features:
• 30 dB input attenuator adjusted in 10dB steps.
• Count time selection.
• Input frequency range selection.
• User level correction setting.
• Battery charge/discharge control.
• Real-time clock and calendar.
• Built-in light and acoustic indication.
• RS-232 interface.
Delivery set:1. MFP-8000
2. Antenna А-1
3. Antenna А-2
4. N-BNC adapter
5. RS-232 interface cable
7. User Manual
9. Package box.
|Frequency range||0.1- 8000 MHz|
|Maximum safe input level||+30 dBm (1 W)|
|Input impedance||50 Ohm|
|Dynamic range of power level measurement||90 dB, (-60 dBm…+ 30 dBm)|
|Accuracy of power level measurement||± 0.5 dB|
|Sensitivity for frequency measurement:||not worse than 1.3 mV|
|- for the frequency range (300÷6000) MHz||≤-45 dBm (-45 dBm 1.26 mV)|
|- for the ranges (0.1÷0.3) MHz and (6000÷8000) MHz||≤12.68 mV (-25 dBm)|
|Typical sensitivity of power measurement||≤ -53dBm (S/N > 5dB)|
|13 MHz reference oscillator||± 2.5ppm (-30 +80 °C), ±1.5ppm (+25 °C)|
|Frequency measurement accuracy (adjustable)||1 Hz, 10 Hz, 100 Hz, 1 kHz|
|Automatic adjustment of the external scanning receiver to the detected source of RF||optional|
|Voltage Standing-Wave Ratio (VSWR)||≤1.5|
|Power supply||a built-in Li-Ion battery 3.6 W/1.95 А/h|
|Battery life||not less than 8 hours|
|Average current consumption||≤ 250 mA|
|Operating temperature range||from - 0 up to + 50 °C|
|Overall dimensions||115 х 70 х 27 mm|
|Indication||LCD, 4 lines|
|Input connector||N-type (female)|
|Weight||not more than 300 g|